• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

thinking of adopting out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

masondixie27

What is the name of your state? Nevada
I am separated from an abusive husband,pregnant with a child that is not his(it is from before I married him),and must wait until I have my baby to get divorced.Then he will be concidered the legal father and I don't want that as he is a very dangerous person.I am disabled and unable to provide a proper income for the coming childs support.I am uncertain of which of my relationships that I had prior to my marring my husband that is the source of my pregnancy.Can i legally adopt this child out ?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Here are the adoption statutes for Nevada. http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-127.html Your husband will have to consent to the adoption, apparently. Like I said in your other thread - there is no easy way out of this. You're going to have to just grit your teeth and sort it out properly. Speak with an attorney to make sure it's done right.

momofrose

I do not know if this is "right" or not, but my husband and i are looking to adopt and are at the homestudy part of the adotion process...

Please repsond to this if you are truly interested having your child adoptd into a loving and stable home.

Thank you and God Bless
Denise

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">