• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why Case Should Not Be Dismissed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kcamsoma

I am the defendant in a law suit in California. I recieved a notice the other day stating that a hearing has been set. The type of hearing: Why Case Should Not Be Dismissed.

Need some clarification as to what exactly this means. Does this mean that there going to explain to me why the case should not be dismissed, or does it mean that the case will be dismissed if the plaintiff can convince them otherwise, or maybe it means something else? Thansk for your help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kcamsoma said:
I am the defendant in a law suit in California. I recieved a notice the other day stating that a hearing has been set. The type of hearing: Why Case Should Not Be Dismissed.

Need some clarification as to what exactly this means. Does this mean that there going to explain to me why the case should not be dismissed, or does it mean that the case will be dismissed if the plaintiff can convince them otherwise, or maybe it means something else? Thansk for your help.

My response:

It means that you either failed to obey a court order, or failed to comply with some procedure; e.g., the Fast Track Rules.

So, it means that YOU have to appear in court to explain to the judge why your end of the case shouldn't be dismissed.

IAAL

kcamsoma

I am always Liable, thanks for your response:

Now I am really confused. In my answer to the Law suit against me, I requested that the Law Suit be dissmissed, and up to this point, the only procedure that I was informed to follow was to respond to the original law suit against me, which I did. So, unless I am really misunderstanding what is going on here, I would be more than happy for the court to dismiss the case.

Straighten me out here. Am I on the wrong track?

Thanks

JETX

I suspected that was the case from your post.
It would appear that the court is acting on your motion to dismiss and has set a hearing asking the other party to appear and explain why it should NOT be dismissed. You need to also appear so that you can explain why it should be..... and to hear what their reasons are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">