• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

protective orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rvela

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a few questions about protective orders, since I have never seen how this works, I hope some of you can answer some questions for me.....
CP has filed a protective order against NCP, says NCP has physically abused the child age 14.
Question is, during a court hearing to decide whether or not to accept the protective order....does the Judge hear from both sides?
or
Does the Judge take what is written in the original complaint as the testimony of the plaintiff, and then only hears what the defendant has to say for him self?
secondly,
In a case such as this where it is child age 14 who is making the accusations, will the Judge need to talk to the child?
I have been to family court a small handful of times, and there are signs posted every where that under no circumstances are children to be brought into court unless specificly ordered by the Judge to do so.
So, any one have any experience with this type of thing, can you give me some insight as to how this works?
Thanks.

n_and

Question is, during a court hearing to decide whether or not to accept the protective order....does the Judge hear from both sides?
Yes.

Does the Judge take what is written in the original complaint as the testimony of the plaintiff, and then only hears what the defendant has to say for him self?
afore mentioned

In a case such as this where it is child age 14 who is making the accusations, will the Judge need to talk to the child?
He may, but chances are he will do everything in his power to NOT talk to the child. Because she is 14, and abuse is an issue (also I am assuming the NCP is disouting the abuse) he may.

Hope everything works out for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">