• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am I liable son accused of property damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wifemom

I live in missouri and my 14 yr old son along with two other boys ( ages 13 & 15 ) are accused of breaking tail lights on boat trailers at a marine store near my home. my son and one of the other boys store is the same in that the third boy ( the 15 yr. old is the guilty one. now my ? is because of now receiving a letter from the circuit court of newton county missouri for me not my son to be in court in april for " vandalism caused by resondents son ! what is the possible outcome of this ???????? wifemom

O

oberauerdorf

You are held legally liable for the actions of your minor child.

Sooooo, take your checkbook with you to court and when you get home, well, let's just say you should be looking for a willow tree on the way home. They make the damndest switches :D

djohnson

I completely agree. They will probably do it by percentages on how guilty each may be. Be prepared to pay for your sons mistakes. The best thing you can do is figure out away to make him pay now. So far you are the one that's been hurt, he off scott free. And please don't tell me just going through this has taught him a lesson because it hasn't.

W

wifemom

son in danger

trust me if i have to pay it's coming outa his hide and he knows it. it seems my sweet little boy has all the sudden decided to see how far he can take everything before mom loses it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">