• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fraudulent bill in my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

forestgirl

What is the name of your state? california there is a bill in my name with sbc for an advertisement. i have never seen one bill. one day i recieved a bill for 20,180.00 that had already gone to collections. come to find out they opened the account over the phone with a verbal contract and recorded it.also there was a credit app.involved. i listentd to the recording and know who the person is that used my info. also the coll.agency says its my signature on the credit app. my first question is do i have to go to court to clear my name and to save my credit?also the c.a. says i should file a police report should i? also should i get a lawyer as soon as possible? will this be a criminal case if fraud is detected?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">