• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two defendants, can only locate one

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jiyuztex

What is the name of your state? Utah

I am trying to file a small claims court case against an unmarried couple who jointly and collectively owe me money.
I know the work address for one of them, but I have no way of serving the other. Can I have just him served and demand that he help to serve his girlfriend? Or can I file suit only against him and still collect the amount I am owed?

HomeGuru

jiyuztex said:
What is the name of your state? Utah

I am trying to file a small claims court case against an unmarried couple who jointly and collectively owe me money.
I know the work address for one of them, but I have no way of serving the other. Can I have just him served and demand that he help to serve his girlfriend? Or can I file suit only against him and still collect the amount I am owed?
**A: just file against both (naming both as Defendants) and serve one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">