• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't know his last name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

VividVisions

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I am taking a person to small claims court because i was going to buy some paddle tires for my sisters quads but this has been one big hassel, anyway he has claimed to keep my money and my tires but... he lives in another state and i know his girlfriends full name but his last name is not the same as hers, i have an address but her name is on it, can i address this to the both of them?? or what do i do, he lives in Illinios

Also if he refuses the letter how do i get an Illinios police officer to deliver it?? Thanks for any help

Jerrod

racer72

How much are you talking about? You will need the other persons full name and address. If you can't find it, you can hire a private detective to find out. This will cost about $250 at the bottom end. And if you do get the info, an Illinois police officer will not deliver the summons, you will have to hire a process server. This will cost about $75 to $200, depending on how hard it is to find the guy. Or you can save some money and do everything yourself. Now you need to determine whether these unrecoverable costs are worth proceeding with a lawsuit.

V

VividVisions

the amount is $355, but, i looked at the reciept and i actually made the payment to his girlfriend/fiance or what ever relation she is to him, so i can take her to court, right?? i suppose if i had to hire a guy to deliver the letter then i could just add that to the amount i am suing for right?? thanks for any help

Jerrod

JETX

"i looked at the reciept and i actually made the payment to his girlfriend/fiance or what ever relation she is to him, so i can take her to court, right??"
*** Yep.

"i suppose if i had to hire a guy to deliver the letter then i could just add that to the amount i am suing for right??"
*** Ask the court to include it.

Oh, and you have to file your suit in THEIR home county in Illinois. Go to:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/consumerism/small_il.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">