• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kicked out of a Restaurant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegalUser

What is the name of your state? FL

Maybe it's a wrong forum, but here it is.
Can I be kicked out of the restaurant or not served, just because I broke up with a woman who works there as a waitress.
The matter is that I like to use that nice restaurant for my business meetings as well, and plan to continue to do so. However, she is trying to ruin my good name around with her co-workers and ridiculously represent the whole thing as me harassing her.
I am trying to find out if it is possible for me to stand my ground as being a customer on a business property.

The second question.
The same woman (as per her e-mail) reported to a local police that I scared her, based on my forwarded e-mail I sent her warning about new car stealing scheme. Totally the whole thing was misunderstood.
What options do I have or steps I need to take to protect my good name before the incident goes any further, since it has no bias.

Thank you.

stephenk

the restaurant can choose to not do business with you. the restaurant supporting their employee over your business is a choice they can make.

have no further contact with her or the restaurant.

HomeGuru

LegalUser said:
What is the name of your state? FL

Maybe it's a wrong forum, but here it is.
Can I be kicked out of the restaurant or not served, just because I broke up with a woman who works there as a waitress.
The matter is that I like to use that nice restaurant for my business meetings as well, and plan to continue to do so. However, she is trying to ruin my good name around with her co-workers and ridiculously represent the whole thing as me harassing her.
I am trying to find out if it is possible for me to stand my ground as being a customer on a business property.

The second question.
The same woman (as per her e-mail) reported to a local police that I scared her, based on my forwarded e-mail I sent her warning about new car stealing scheme. Totally the whole thing was misunderstood.
What options do I have or steps I need to take to protect my good name before the incident goes any further, since it has no bias.

Thank you.
**A: yes, the restaurant can refuse to serve anyone.

JETX

"Can I be kicked out of the restaurant or not served, just because I broke up with a woman who works there as a waitress."
*** Yes.

"What options do I have or steps I need to take to protect my good name before the incident goes any further, since it has no bias."
*** Simple, have NO further contact with her.

S

SgtRodsWife

All is fair in love and...

Just move on, you've broken up with her, she obviously doesn't want anything to do with you so sever ties!

Find a new restaurant (and girlfriend)!

LegalUser

Thank you all for your replies. Information is noted. But, I guess the whole point is missing. -
- I am the one who broke up with her and I am the one who doesn't want to do anything with her. I want to move and continue on as I've been. She is just plainly pissed off at me and trying to give me a hard time any way possible.
Sure I can find another restaurant and such, that's not the point. What if another woman is going to get pissed off at me - should I look for another restaurant again?!?
I am looking at the global issue - how to put the end to un-biases police report that has no merit. Hiring attorney each time I am breaking up with somebody is ridiculous. But having police car at my door steps in a respectful neighborhood is unacceptable.
I feel like I have to prove that I am innocent when I didn't do anything wrong anyway.

Regards

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Knowing that she's pissed off at you, if you can't manage to stay away from her voluntarily, then the court is going to do it for you - - it's called a Restraining Order.

Now, unless you want to keep pushing the envelope, then I would suggest that you come up with a plan, on your own, so that your paths don't cross.

This is a surefire method for keeping the police from knocking at your door.

IAAL

JETX

"I am the one who broke up with her and I am the one who doesn't want to do anything with her. I want to move and continue on as I've been. She is just plainly pissed off at me and trying to give me a hard time any way possible."
*** And NONE of that is relevant to the issue at hand.

"Sure I can find another restaurant and such, that's not the point."
*** Yes it is. Your question was "Can I be kicked out of the restaurant or not served". The answer is yes.

"What if another woman is going to get pissed off at me - should I look for another restaurant again?!?"
*** Yep. If you keep pissin off people, you will eventually run out of restaurants.

"I am looking at the global issue - how to put the end to un-biases police report that has no merit."
*** If the complaint has no merit, the issue will resolve itself.

LegalUser

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

"Knowing that she's pissed off at you, if you can't manage to stay away from her voluntarily, then the court is going to do it for you - - it's called a Restraining Order."

First of all, How would I know she is paranoid (or pissed off)? We had only two dates. I saw she is not right for me and has issues (obviously). So, I called and left a message that I don't feel right about the whole thing, and just to be fair, later on sent e-mail that since the movie tickets were already bought for tomorrow and dinner reservation was made, sure I still can go with her to the movies if she wants, just let me know, that's all, nobody is hurt after two dates. Imagine my surprise when she e-mails me about filing police report and turning all my e-mails (especially the one which I forwarded to her about new trick car thieves do) turns it around as me threatenning her, telling and sending e-mails to her co-workers and friends how dangerous I am. I wouldn't care less and laugh at it, and suggest that she needs some professional help, but excuse me, with some of those people she knows I do business. She already damages me.

I mean - there gotta be something to stop paranoid people. That the answer what I am looking for. I need a restraining order for her to live me alone and don't damage my reputation. I can not even talk to the owner of the restaurant now. The whole thing is just ridiculious and it's sad that at this forum I hardly can find the answer, since everybody here follows the "pattern' - oh it's gotta be the guy who is trying to get/harrass the girl.

And about keeping pissing off people:
See above - just two dates. What kind of heart breaking are we talking about. We hardly know each other. What is she 16? I thought at 36 people get smarter.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Did you have any more legal questions, or are satisfied with justifying your motivations and intentions? This is not a "venting" forum.

Keep this up, and you'll be in lock-up in no time.

IAAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">