• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

International Shipping problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Narayana Murty

What is the name of your state? MI

Hi All,

I am not sure whether my problem comes under this law. One more thing is I am currently in HYDERABAD, INDIA and only I have 1 or 2 friends in USA who may help. This is going since Jan 5th to till date. Shipping was through sea.

My Problem:

I relocated to HYDERABAD, INDIA and so want to ship all my house hold goods to INDIA as TR (Transfer of Residance). So I searched in the web and got quote from World Wide Relocations (WWRelocations) and agreed to ship my goods in 18-23 days. They picked up the packages from my home in Auburn Hills, MI on Jan 5th, 2004. I paid nearly half amount before they picked up the packages and remaining half after 3 days. As I know that I am moving to HYDERABAD, INDIA, I said all the communications can be done through email. I left to INDIA after they picked up and I paid all the amount.

Till Jan 26th I didn't hear any thing from WWRelocations when my packages are reaching. I emailed to them 2-3 times and they replies that time saying that, packages are occupying more area than what they calculated initially, so I have to pay some more money. I paid that also around Jan 27th, 2004. After that also they didn't tell when the packages are arriving to INDIA. After nearly 1 month (daily I was writing emails and asking when are they coming? who is local agent? etc..) they responded that packages are coming on March 4th to Chennai city(I actually booked the port as HYDERABAD city) and given local agent details. But packages reached to Chennai on March 6th. Local agent send some documents for custom clearance and asked us to Chennai for custom clearance. Well, we went there and done the custom clearance. Then local agent is telling that he didn't receive money from his US agent, inturn the US agent didn't receive money from WWRelocations, so the local agent is not willing to release our packages to home till he get money.

Local agent asked us to follow with WWRelocations and they are also following. We are not understanding why WWRelocations not paid money to US agent. How we can solve this issue? can we go to court or how we can take legal actions against WWRelocations. Please help.

Regards,
Narayana Murty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">