• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dishonest Georgia State Patrolman

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FRANKTIREGOD

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I would like some advice on fighting a ticket given to me by a dishonest Georgia State patrolman.
On January 11 at 12:30 am he stopped me and said he clocked me at 62 in a 45 zone. This a a rural area and there must have been 30 cops out that night so I definitely was NOT speeding.

I told him I wasnt speeding and he said "Get out of the truck".
I got out and he said "You are not going to stand here on the side of the damn road and call me a liar"
I again told him I wasnt speeding and asked to see the radar to which he responded "I dont have to show you my damn radar".

He then asked me if I wanted to go to jail and again I asked to see the radar. He then said if I said another word I was going to jail. I said "I dont have a Constitutional right to free speech?" and he replied "You dont have any rights"

Then he said,"Turn around,you are going to jail" I turned around and offered NO resistance but I did say "You want show me the radar because you know I wasnt speeding"

He then said,"You want to see my radar" and I said "Yes"
He took me back to his car and I looked through the window and the radar was BLANK!
I said "It is blank" and he said with a smirk "Yes it is"

he then wrote me a ticket for 62 in a 45 zone. He camse to my truck and called me to the rear of the truck and shined his light on my rear tires and said "You need to get some tires on this truck"

I then said "They are above the legal limit"
He asked "Whats the legal limit?"
I replied "2/32"
He said "I guess you know about that,huh?"
To which I replied,"I have been in the tire business for 15 years"
He said,"I will just warn you about that then"
He wrote on my ticket in the remarks section "Slick tires"

The tires were not slick! They were at 3/32 which is ABOVE the legal limit and he NEVER checked them with a tread depth gauge!

This guy is a liar and a crook!
I filed a complaint against him and I just recvd a call on 3-15 saying that they were investigating it. Yeah right!

I called a lawyer and he said I would lose because he has never seen the judge in this county rule against an officer!
This is ridiculous! Where is his PROOF? I thought the state had to PROVE the case they make against you.

OH and this is ALL on videotape but the state patrol will not give me a copy! You think they are scared of what they saw on the tape?

Like I said the police were stopping anything that moved that night. I was driving my sons truck which looks like a typical teen truck (lowered,etc) and this guy thought he had a teen to bully.

Last edited:

lwpat

Georgia Officer

And exactly how long have you lived in Georgia? You're in the tire business and don't know how things operate. You never talk back to an officer and you are lucky that you did not spend the night in jail. Never let a simple speeding ticket escalate into something worse.

If an officer says you were speeding then you are automatically guilty in most traffic courts. There is no state where it is required that the officer show you the reading on the radar. The fact that it was blank is immaterial.

Go to court and try to get the ticket reduced to an under 14mph so it will not go on your record. Try to be polite. Since you filed a complaint the officer may fight any reduction. Your next best option is a Nolo plea and no points will be entered.

This is just another tax to the state. Think of all the people on welfare who will now have a hot meal because of your generous donation.

F

FRANKTIREGOD

JJTricket

Yes those are actual cases.

There are so many I cant list them all but here are a few more.

City of Riverdale officer-Fired for public indecency. (He took a leak into a pond at a KIDS game area)

City of Riverdale (again) This officer murdered his wife.

City of Riverdale (again) A team of officers decided it would be a great idea to start burglarizing businesses. They did it for a while until they tried to rob a businessman who had a gun and in the gunfight one of the officers was hit. The man was killed!

City of Morrow-Sexual assault on a female. (This one did us a favor and blew his brains out)

Gwinnett County-Robbed an old lady and then killed her. He was originally sent to investigate her home burglary. He then told her to meet him at a parking lot for further investigation where he shot and killed her. This even made an episode of Forensic Files.

City of Atlanta-Several officers were fired and several reprimanded for taking bribes and covering for drug dealers

City of Rome-Officer convicted of raping a 16 year old while on duty on the hood of his patrol car.

City of Rome (again) Officer fired for being in a strip club while he was supposed to be on duty.

Treutlen County-Sheriff CONVICTED of using excessive force. He beat two men in handcuffs!

City of Ellijay-Police chief arrested and charge with falsifying an accident report and offering to drop a DUI citation in exchange for sexual favors.

Henry County-Officer fired after he said he was beaten by two unknown black men. Turns out he just wanted to impress his girlfriend and made the story up.

City of Atlanta (again) Rookie officer fired for taking his patrol car home to show it to his mother. SHE LIVES IN ALABAMA!!

Just last week-Two Porterdale officers fired for having a contest to see who could write the most tickets.

The list goes on and on and on. These are just the ones I know off the top of my head!

Most of these have happend in the last few months. The oldest case listed here is about 4 years ago. That is the crime ring.
When these guys got busted they were pulling safes from rivers,etc.

Welcome to Georgia! Dont worry about buckling up. If the wreck doesnt kill you our police officers will.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">