• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i take legal action against ex-wife?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blknite1

What is the name of your state? Washington

my ex-wife of 9 yrs, along with the help of her daughter/s are accusing me of molesting them. i am not nor have i ever been a sex offender. she is using this tactic, i believe to intimidate me and prevent me from seeing my daughter ( not the ones bringing the allegations ). she has to my knowledge accused two other former husbands of the same offense.

to this date, neither of the two other husbands, nor myself have been charged, arrested, or did any time for the accusations levied against us. these charges are completely false, but left unchecked could lead to serious reprocussions. the two daughters are from previous marriages and are not connected to me. all of this comes after nearly 15 yrs and just when the child support for my two children nears its end. i am not the first man she has done this to, and she need to be stopped from falsely accusing men of such acts.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

blknite1 said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

my ex-wife of 9 yrs, along with the help of her daughter/s are accusing me of molesting them. i am not nor have i ever been a sex offender. she is using this tactic, i believe to intimidate me and prevent me from seeing my daughter ( not the ones bringing the allegations ). she has to my knowledge accused two other former husbands of the same offense.

to this date, neither of the two other husbands, nor myself have been charged, arrested, or did any time for the accusations levied against us. these charges are completely false, but left unchecked could lead to serious reprocussions. the two daughters are from previous marriages and are not connected to me. all of this comes after nearly 15 yrs and just when the child support for my two children nears its end. i am not the first man she has done this to, and she need to be stopped from falsely accusing men of such acts.

My response:

Okay, thanks for your story and for venting.

IAAL

JETX

Wow, incredible wasn't. I just hope that next time, this person asks at least ONE question.... that would probably be a good idea considering the purpose of this forum, huh??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JETX said:
Wow, incredible wasn't. I just hope that next time, this person asks at least ONE question.... that would probably be a good idea considering the purpose of this forum, huh??

My response:

Yeah, it would be nice, other than the generic "Can I take action against my ex wife?"

It would be nice if we were told what stage this is in; e.g., did she report it to some agency?

IAAL

B

blknite1

thanks 4 input

to answer your questions, no she has not reported to an agency. as i had metioned b 4 she is using this as a tool to secure the custody of our daughter and deny me the visitation rights that are set in our divorce. we have been divorced for 10 yrs. my concern is , whether she does/does not report this lie can i sue her for defamation of character, slander, libel, falsely accusing one of a crime that never happened?

and don't forget, she also made the same accusations on 2 previous spouses, and did not report it, but rather use it as a leverage tool during their divorce, this guarnteed her custody and child support.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: thanks 4 input

blknite1 said:
to answer your questions, no she has not reported to an agency. as i had metioned b 4 she is using this as a tool to secure the custody of our daughter and deny me the visitation rights that are set in our divorce. we have been divorced for 10 yrs. my concern is , whether she does/does not report this lie can i sue her for defamation of character, slander, libel, falsely accusing one of a crime that never happened?

and don't forget, she also made the same accusations on 2 previous spouses, and did not report it, but rather use it as a leverage tool during their divorce, this guarnteed her custody and child support.

My response:

Not until it's reported to some public entity agency. Once she does, and you're able to show she lied, then you'll have a good cause of action for "Libel Per Se".

If she's going around telling people in your community that you've committed this criminal act, again, then you can sue her for "Libel Per Se".

In such an action, you don't have to prove damages. The mere act of accusing you of a crime causes damages to one's reputation, and is "presumed", under the law, to have damaged you.

But, if it's only said to you, then no, you have nothing.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">