• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cunsumer protection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

abzmom

What is the name of your state? California

My husband & I purchased an RV on 2-11-04. As part of the purchase we agreed to trade in our old RV. The new RV had some items to be repaired before we could take delivery, so we were allowed to keep our old RV until it was ready. It's still not ready no one seems to know when it will be ready. The payment is now due o the new RV, (and I just found out that the old RV has not been paid off, so it's overdue) What are my rights, and how do I protect our credit rating? My only recourse is that i still have posession of the old RV.

BL

Welcome to the California Department of Consumer Affairs Web site! - ... My CA This Site. Visit the Governor's Home Page! Welcome to DCA! The Department of Consumer Affairs' mission is to promote and protect the interests of ...

http://www.dca.ca.gov/

ARBITRATION CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
401 S STREET, SUITE 201
SACRAMENTO, CA 95814
(916) 323-3406 or (800) 952-5210
[email protected]

Last edited:

JETX

"The payment is now due o the new RV, (and I just found out that the old RV has not been paid off, so it's overdue) What are my rights, and how do I protect our credit rating?"
*** And what did the dealer tell you when you brought these items to his attention??
Also, make your payment on your current RV. That is the main one you are obligated to at this time (presumably the dealer can influence the lender on the new RV contract if needed).

Then, when the date for delivery comes, make sure that you offset the costs to include the payments you made in the interim.

azgrandpa

Smile...you're on TV!

If you live near a larger city; your TV news will probably have a Consumer Advocate dept. Our station usually is very quick at resolving problems like this because the dealer hates to see his business shown on Primetime news in a negative manner!

Just a thought!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">