• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To I AM ALWAYS LIABLE>>

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

disneeworld

Sorry in advance for a topic designed to grasp your attention , as my request may not be viewed by you if I place it in my original topic and it appears you have visited the board since I posted earlier...I would be most interested if you have an opinion on my topic about appellate procedure..even if it is just a stab in the dark or from a legal standpoint..or experience..just looking for an alternate opinion..thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

disneeworld said:
Sorry in advance for a topic designed to grasp your attention , as my request may not be viewed by you if I place it in my original topic and it appears you have visited the board since I posted earlier...I would be most interested if you have an opinion on my topic about appellate procedure..even if it is just a stab in the dark or from a legal standpoint..or experience..just looking for an alternate opinion..thanks!

My response:

Thanks for catching my attention, but I already saw your post earlier today, and took a pass on it. It's a Florida post, and you need extremely specific advice.

Sorry.

IAAL

D

disneeworld

In a way I was hoping someone would tell me that what I described was commonplace or routine in the court system and I should just let it go. Another part of me is hoping someone tells me this isn't right or just and perhaps I should challenge the ruling for their extension, should I have to, depending on "the verdict".
I didn't really see this as a FLORIDA ONLY scenario, as I imagine this could happen in any of THE STATES in an appeals case, could it not? And if so what would one do, if anything, at this point?
May I ask, in your opinion, or anyone's opinion, if it would be prudent I seek a lawyer(at a cost I'd rather avoid and frankly cannot afford) to possibly make a better case for myself, based on these circumstances? Any more detailed reply appreciated.:)

HomeGuru

disneeworld said:
In a way I was hoping someone would tell me that what I described was commonplace or routine in the court system and I should just let it go. Another part of me is hoping someone tells me this isn't right or just and perhaps I should challenge the ruling for their extension, should I have to, depending on "the verdict".
I didn't really see this as a FLORIDA ONLY scenario, as I imagine this could happen in any of THE STATES in an appeals case, could it not? And if so what would one do, if anything, at this point?
May I ask, in your opinion, or anyone's opinion, if it would be prudent I seek a lawyer(at a cost I'd rather avoid and frankly cannot afford) to possibly make a better case for myself, based on these circumstances? Any more detailed reply appreciated.:)
**A: yes, it would be prudent to see a lawyer.

D

disneeworld

HomeGuru said:
**A: yes, it would be prudent to see a lawyer.
May I assume you are recommending this because of a potential injustice or incorrect application of LAW you think should be examined(by the fault of the COURT).. as opposed to offering that suggestion such that I may win my actual case based on the merits? The former is what I am most concerned with, the latter is my responsibility and was never/is not part of my inquiry.
Thanks for the reply!

HomeGuru

disneeworld said:
May I assume you are recommending this because of a potential injustice or incorrect application of LAW you think should be examined(by the fault of the COURT).. as opposed to offering that suggestion such that I may win my actual case based on the merits? The former is what I am most concerned with, the latter is my responsibility and was never/is not part of my inquiry.
Thanks for the reply!
**A: no, just because of the mere fact that you need legal counsel period.

D

disneeworld

HomeGuru said:
**A: no, just because of the mere fact that you need legal counsel period.
There are many cases of unemp comp litigated pro se
(non-hearings, everything done by mail) in FLA, not sure about anywhere else. Considering it would cost me a couple grand at a minimum for an attorney to help me litigate a 5000.00 demand for repayment(which I am challenging), and a lawyer I met with brief consult back in AUGUST wasn't interested and suggested I not even pursue it and to just pay the STATE back, I could not and still cannot justify spending this extra amount of money in the event the decision is still ultimately ruled against me...i.e. I would be out more money in the long run.
All appreciation aside for the replies, I am puzzled why my question seems so difficult to answer without compromising any values or ethics. Either the APPEALS COURT is legally justified to play around with the rules of appellate procedure where BRIEF due dates are concerned or they are not. If they are, end of story, I let it go... if not I would like someone to say straight out I should challenge this ruling, and then perhaps with this issue leaning in my favor I would then consider forking out the extra investment for an attorney.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">