• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure what to do next

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NancyLou9

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Hubby's ex has not filed an actual response to our intial filing, nor the interrogatories, nor the requests for discovery we have made however...

She filed a "Verified Motion to Dismiss".

We got notice of this in the mail today from the Clerk of Courts. The filing was made on 23 March 2004, the court mailed their entry on 24 March 2004 and we received it today, 25 March 2004.

We have until 30 April 2004 to respond, however, we have not received a copy of the filing in order to respond, nor is one forthcoming, to the best of our knowledge. Certainly, we won't receive it in time to file a timely response. (Mail from Colorado to Ohio has, in the past, taken 6 or 7 days to reach Ohio. We can prove this.)

Given we don't know what she filed, as we have received no copies of anything, we have no clue as to how to respond...

Do I file yet another motion for Rule 11 Sanctions?
Should I file a Motion to grant us more time to make a response?

What in the H--- do I do in this situation?

I have looked thru the Rules of Civil Procedure and case law on Versuslaw and this doesn't seem to be addressed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">