• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traffic violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ccblank

What is the name of your state? north carolina

I recived a ticket for 75 in a 65. This doesnt sound like much, however I got another ticket about 2 years ago. I went to traffic school, but i am unsure if that ticket will still be on my record. Do you think I need to seek out a lawyer or should I just pay the ticket? My understanding is that if the ticket I got 2 years ago is not on my record then by just being 10mph over the limit would not put points on my licence. But if the ticket is still on there im not sure what will happen. Can you help?

JETX

"Can you help?"
*** Of course we can. Here is what you need to do:
- Get a copy of your driving record to see whether the ticket shows up or not.
- Then call the court or your local law enforcement office and ask them.
- Finally, while talking with the court, ask them if you qualify for 'deferred adjudication' or 'traffic school exemption'.

See, that was pretty simple, wasn't it??

lwpat

In NC the deferment is called a Prayer for Judgement. You can use it once every three years and the ticket will not show on your record.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">