• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is Plantiff a witness against Defendant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ChoixDuJour

What is the name of your state? California

I previously posted this request in another forum which I realized was the wrong one to post it in since the people there trashed me to a pulp without telling me that I was in the wrong forum. Hopefully this is the correct forum.

I am simply asking... Since the "Plaintiff" is the one who files charges against a "Defendant", is the "Plantiff" within courtroom procedure considered a "witness against" the "Defendant" as parties to the case?

If so, where would I be able to find that stated in any manner in any of the California codes?

To expound as to why I am asking this question... In California it is stated that as the "Defendant" you have the right to "see, hear and question every witness against you in the courtroom". Would the "Defendant" have the right to call on, see, hear and question the "Plantiff" if the "Plantiff" is considered a "witness against" the "Defendant" in the case?

Thank you

ChoixDuJour<><

HomeGuru

ChoixDuJour said:
What is the name of your state? California

I previously posted this request in another forum which I realized was the wrong one to post it in since the people there trashed me to a pulp without telling me that I was in the wrong forum. Hopefully this is the correct forum.

I am simply asking... Since the "Plaintiff" is the one who files charges against a "Defendant", is the "Plantiff" within courtroom procedure considered a "witness against" the "Defendant" as parties to the case?

If so, where would I be able to find that stated in any manner in any of the California codes?

To expound as to why I am asking this question... In California it is stated that as the "Defendant" you have the right to "see, hear and question every witness against you in the courtroom". Would the "Defendant" have the right to call on, see, hear and question the "Plantiff" if the "Plantiff" is considered a "witness against" the "Defendant" in the case?

Thank you

ChoixDuJour<><
**A: this thread is boring. I must now go and water my plantiff.

JETX

No. The plaintiff and defendants are PARTIES to the case and are required to present their case against the other party in the case of the plaintiff, or to present their defense against the claim made, if the defendant.

C

ChoixDuJour

Thank you for your constructive consideration...

Thank you JETX for your reply.

I do understand that the defendant and plaintiff are parties to the case and there to present their cases against the other party. However, what I am requesting is whether the defendant has the right to question the plaintiff (complainant) in the courtroom who has filed charges in a complaint (not a claim) as a witness against the defendant?

This question is related to a California traffic case.

Thank you

ChoixDuJour<><

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">