• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Helping a Family Member

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

Yvette CO

TX.
Ok Here I Go. I am trying to help a family member out.
My aunt was from TX now lives in NC. She has or had friend here in TX. She came down a few months back and a friend of hers was in need of money, so she asked my aunt to give her $1,500.00 and take over her $400.00 car payments. So my aunt did. The car was financed in TX. The friend of hers moved to Georgia and my aunt went back to NC. She has no receipt of the $1,500.00, but does has money order receipts from the payments she made. Well last week my aunt came back down and she left the car at a family members house and they went out of town. When she came back the vehicle was missing. The friend got a towing company to tow the vehicle to Houston where from there she left back to Georgia. My aunt left a gold necklace in the car also. So my aunt found out where she lived and went to her house to tell her she owed her and wanted her necklace back. She said the necklace was not in there and that she was not giving her anything back. I feel so bad for my aunt so I was needing help. What can I do to help her? What should she do? Or can anything be done? Please Help.

Thank You
Yvette CO

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">