• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorrect vehicle ID on summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dormdweller

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I was pulled over for doing 96 in a 65 which is a Class 2 traffic misdemeanor in the State of Colorado and a manditory summons to appear in court.

Under the vehicle identification section the officer wrote 1997 Saturn 2-dr silver. I was driving a 2002 Honda Accord 2-dr Silver. The 1997 Saturn was my old car which was still listed on my insurance card as I hadn't recieved the new one yet. The DA doesn't need to know this though. Do I have a good chance of arguing that the officer made a mistake and must have been looking at someone else since he wrote a 1997 Saturn down and that's not what I was driving.

Thank you for your help. If you need more information, please ask.

Dean

lwpat

" Do I have a good chance of arguing that the officer made a mistake and must have been looking at someone else since he wrote a 1997 Saturn down and that's not what I was driving. "

No.

racer72

The incorrect information does not prevent you from presenting a valid defense. A good defense attorney can twist this info into your favor, if you are willing to pay for it.

JETX

Sorry, but the police are not expected to be 'auto experts' in identifying the vehicles (especially since so many look alike anyway).
If the license plate number matches, you are SOL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">