• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UsDeeper, an update

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LaurieBrickner

Well we had our hearing on Monday. I didn't understand much or know that much got accomplished. He was ordered to pay child support until his criminal hearing in two weeks when he will return to jail for "shock incarceration", a minimum of 3 months from what I understand during which time he will not be responsible for support. I waited until Friday to hear from my attorney. I finally called him and he said the order had not been signed yet so even though the judge ordered support to begin by this Friday, it wouldn't start until next Friday and his trial is that Monday. He was ordered to pay around $90 a week (not positive on the amount) and he agreed to the visitation I set up. His lawyer has also said that my ex's father would be willing to pitch in to the lump sum child support so that I would not drag his son in and out of court for the next 16 years. (I have never threatened or even spoken to his family since they told me of their desire not to see my daughter). So now we are back to calculating a sum that would make us both happy (although at this point I don't think I can be happy, it's not about the money the way they have portrayed me hurts badly). But in the meantime I have no idea whats going on, the judge says he can pay the child support directly to me (which I didn't want) because he will only be paying twice in the next 3 or more months. Why do the bad guys always seem to win?

Oh well, will post more when I know more.

Thanks for being there UsDeeper!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">