• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket in nj

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kingxrich23

What is the name of your state? new jersey

I was driving 42 in a 25 mph two lane (double yellow line) road and received a ticket for it. The thing is I never been to this town before and there was no sign saying the speed limit. In fact I went back the next day to check and on that road I was on there was no speed limit sign in that whole town for that road which went for a couple of miles. The road is a long main commercial road that goes thru a couple of towns. Is there a rule or law saying they have to show a speed limit sign showing how fast you go in a town? Otherwise how are you supposed to know? There are two lane roads in my town that are 35 and 40 mph, I'm thinking of showing pictures of that to show I wasnt doing anything differnet than I normally do.

In fact the cop car was coming from the opposite direction of me and i kept the same speed of 40 the whole time thinking i wasnt doing anything wrong, and then after he passed me, he did a K turn like 4 blocks down and came after me.

He gave me that ticket as well as a ticket for having a PO Box on my address. I live in Alpine and we don't have mailbox addresses. I went to the police station there and they said they could waive it right there but i was like nah i wanna bring the ticket there to show how incompetent the police officer was. He also wrote 1 pm instead of 1 am on the ticket. If anyone can give me some advice on how to combat this ticket givin the information i have i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

In most States, including New Jersey, California, etc., unmarked roads have a 25 mph speed limit. It's in your driver's manual.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">