• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to remove my kids from unsafe home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Alyeska

I am separated (not legally) from my wife. Live in WA state. My wife leaves her home for days at time, no means to contact her and my 15yr old has to take care of our 2 younger ones. No food in house, no clean clothes, wife is losing weight, coming home drunk, punched daughter. I want to legally get them to stay with me full time as I fear for their safety at her house. I live in Tacoma, she lives in Federal Way WA. Please help direct me in what to do. Thankyou

S

SammnCan

You can contact social services....tell them the situation...they can stop by unannounced...depending on the state and see for themselves.....At that point the state and you could take action to declare her unfit....but i'd be careful because the whole thing could backfire on the kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">