• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 26(b)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JessicaTS

What is the name of your state? California

Pursuant to FRCP 26(b), is the opposition required to turn over or reveal the location of ALL documents that might be used against you in a court of law?

In other words, if I say "Hey dork, I want to see all the documents you have that you might use against me in court. Oh, and by the way, you can't wait for a formal discovery request, its not required".

Aside from claiming abuse from being called a dork, are they then required to turn over in bulk, or reveal the existence of ALL the materials? (With the exception of materials used to impeach, privileged information and documents that outline the opposition's strategy; also privileged) Or can they require me to request each item on a piecemeal basis?

Thank you thank you, :)

JTS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">