• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sarah12730

Florida

My husband and I have recently found out that his stepmother's parents (who are also our neighbors) have been telling people that we are dealing drugs -- to children, nonetheless. It would have been one thing if they had kept their comments within their little circle (there are a few of them living right next to eachother) but they have passed this "information" along to my father in law, who is, reasonably, upset that his son is dealing drugs to children.

We know that they are simply trying to get us upset enough that we move out and they can move who they want into the house we've been living in, and we have actually been looking to move (before this whole incident), but out of principle, we would like to know what our recourse might be.

These same people have now threatened to shoot my dog if she gets out of our fence, threatened to shoot my husband "full of holes", and to have us evicted (from a home they do not own). They have called another person's work and informed them that he is doing drugs and should be tested (which he passed, because, WE DON'T SELL DRUGS) and now my husband and I have both had to bring this whole problem to work and tell our bosses all the details of this ridiculous ordeal so that, should they decide to call our workplaces, our bosses are already wise to what is going on.

We would not be surprised if they have already called Child Protective Services to have them conduct a home visit on us.

Do we just have to accept that these people can and will make our lives a living Hell as long as we are living where we are? Or is there something we can do about this? My father in law seems to be oblivious to the entire thing, but he lives in another city an isn't here to see what is actually going on.

Any help would be SO greatly appreciated. I am nearly at my wits end.

Please either post replies here or to my email at [email protected]

Thank you!

Sarah

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">