• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help with conflict resolution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gmfod

illinois

while playing a popular online game i refused to allow someone on that game to participate in something i was doing. He began to accuse me of being...what should i say....too gready to allow him to join. after he began speaking to me in a derogatory way. I told him "don't talk to me as if i was a niggard". well that was the intended wording anyway, but before i realized i typoed the comment and it came out "don't talk to me as if i am a niggar" i am facing being being banned for using racial slurs, from the game even though the spelling completely shows it was not meant to be the racial slur ******.
i am looking for someway of explaining my arguement in a more legal way to convince the game moderator that it isn't a good idea to ban me for a typo.
since afterall if i do get banned it really isn't a discplinary action as much as it is just forcing me to go buy the game again. i have already tried to explain my case to the game moderators but they seem unwilling to listen....can anyone help plz.

O

oberauerdorf

The reason you haven't received a reply yet is because no one believes you. Regardless of being a typo or not, the thought was there and your actions show that you simply were trying to mask your true intention.

Go buy the game and get your head out of your ass. If it had been a pick-up game at the local courts you wouldn't be alive to be pissing and moaning.

G

gmfod

how do you figure my actions suggest i am trying to mask my true intentions?

R

Ramoth

nig·gard ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ngrd)
n.
A stingy, grasping person; a miser.

adj.
Stingy; miserly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Middle English nigard, perhaps from nig, stingy person, of Scandinavian origin.]

Sorry, guys.

G

gmfod

**A: you figard like a niggard. You deserve to be banned.

maybe you would like to explain...how someone deserves to be banned for using non-slang, non-deragaotory words that are defined in the dictionary...and not a slang dictionary i might add and not defined as slang.
and don't go saying there are lots of words in the dictionary you shouldn't use other than thosethat are defined as slang

thanx ramoth for being educated enough in the english language to actually know what it is.

HomeGuru

gmfod said:
maybe you would like to explain...how someone deserves to be banned for using non-slang, non-deragaotory words that are defined in the dictionary...and not a slang dictionary i might add and not defined as slang.
and don't go saying there are lots of words in the dictionary you shouldn't use other than thosethat are defined as slang

**A: simple, the website owner or manager makes the rules and can take action to ban anyone at anytime and for any reason.

mykoleary

gmfod said:

thanx ramoth for being educated enough in the english language to actually know what it is.
Stop being such a niggard and realize you've lost your subscription fee...

stephenk

if you chose to utilize a rarely used word that if misspelled becomes a slur you also face the consequences if you arent smart enough to use spell check.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">