• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reply to "newmom's" reply

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

theartman

The baby is a year and six months. I was pushed out of the picture by the girl and her mother. She said she could do better. I went to all the doctors appointments and follow ups until this occured. I 've only seen the baby three times and she doesn't know me as well as the soon-to-be ex-husband. But I wish I could atleast help him out for the time being. You see... the mother wants us to get back together. She came back to town to see if I would go with her. I told her I would as soon as I can raise a substantial amount of money. I understood that she was going to take kalah (my daughter) back to alabama with her.(I live In TN) But she did not. I spoke with her soon-to-be ex-husband and he was pretty upset. He has both of the babys. I do care about her but I can't take her away from the father figure she has known her whole little life! :)

T

theartman

p.s.....the mother didn't call for two weeks (she called today). I offered to come down but she said I would be a distraction...she wants to work..save up enough money to come back, get a lawyer, and get custody of both the baby's. But I'm confused why she would offer everything to me and then suddenly change her mind. Do you think she's found someone else down there? Maybe she just wants two child support checks. Seems a little fishy to me. She was supposed to call me when she got back to Alabama. It took two weeks.

N

newmom

Thank you for replying - and I admire you for what you are doing!!! I am not going to judge you on going back with the mother, that's your decision and only you and her know the whole situation between your split up and her other marriage and now wanting to get back with you. This must be a very hard situation and decision for you to make. Please spend time with your daughter - do you have ordered visitation with her?? If so, please do what you can to see her and let her know who her "real" daddy is. Because after a divorce, I don't think the ex-husband is going to keep her (not by choice, but by law) - she would go to you or the mother (if she is not as unstable as she appears to be from your posts). Let your daughter know you before the possibility of being FORCED with you comes. Good luck.

N

newmom

I don't know her motives. It just doesn't sound like she's telling you all the truth. But, I don't know the situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">