• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

relinquishing parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whitsix

i have a 2 year old i've never seen and the mother wont let me visit. im' in college out of state and don't think it would be good for the child to have me in his life. i want to sign my rights away. is this possible. she is single and i don't know if she has to be married for me to do that. courts tommarrow please help!!!

S

SandyK

You are a smart man, signing away your parental rights also relieves you of the child support obligation. You can terminate your rights, go to the court house and ask for the appropriate forms. Of course, you have to have a good reason, other than you dont want to pay child support..

LegalBeagle

You can not 'just' sign away parental rights.. and certainly can not get out of paying child support until there is someone else to adopt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">