• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Impotence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

Ohio Mom

My daughter married a man 9 years ago. At the time of the marriage he did not tell her that he was impotent and the marriage has never been consumated. Is she legally married? He has no job and blames her. He insisted on taking out a second mortage on their home and then filed bankruptcy when she wanted to talk to a credit counselor. Will she be legally responsible for this debt? She is disabled and unable to work (uncontrollable seizures) She also has minor brain damage due to meningitis as a baby. He has verbally abused her for years.

T

theartman

nice story...I think. Never does it say in a marriage liscense that you have to screw to complete the ceremony. It's totally personal.

O

Ohio Mom

TO ARTMAN:
Marriage licenses are confined only to statistics. But marriage ceremonies are not! The marriage took place in a church and they promised in their vows to become (in essence and in the eyes of God) ONE PERSON. That comes to pass by the physical union of man and woman. That's why the Bible says be careful not to offend the bride of your youth. Meaning - when two people have intercourse that they are then married. Even so, if this situation appears the
'bride' should be INFORMED of this before the wedding so that she can make her decision to continue or not.

O

Ohio Mom

TO ARTMAN:
Marriage licenses are confined only to statistics. But marriage ceremonies are not! The marriage took place in a church and they promised in their vows to become (in essence and in the eyes of God) ONE PERSON. That comes to pass by the physical union of man and woman. That's why the Bible says be careful not to offend the bride of your youth. Meaning - when two people have intercourse that they are then married. Even so, if this situation appears the
'bride' should be INFORMED of this before the wedding so that she can make her decision to continue or not.

LegalBeagle

Yes she is legally married. Impotent is grounds for annullment. I am just not sure that it can be done after 9 years. Since there was also fraud involved it adds to the case.. but, like I said, 9 years ??.. I do not think it will get far so the only chance she has is to file for divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">