• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Age child support ends

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SandyK

What age does child support end? My boyfriends son lives with his grandmother who is on AFDC. Does his obligation end when the child is 18 or when out of high school? The child stayed back a few times and at this rate he will be paying til the kid is 21! Otherwise there is only a year to go. There is no age or stipulation on the child support order for when the payments will end. This is in Ct if that helps.

Thanks

C

CarrieJHagelberg

I live in Massachusetts, and receive child support for my daughter. The order is that I am to receive child support and medical expenses for her as long as she is in school, up until age 26. I am not sure if this is also true in CT. My stepfather pays support for his children, ages 21 and 22, and will continue to pay support and medical until they receive their master's degrees.

LegalBeagle

CT does not force you to pay for the childs college so CS payments should stop when the child leaves highschool or is 18, which ever is LATEST.

I do not know if there is a 'deadline' ,ie when payments stops regardless of highschool. Best things to do for this question is call a local attorney and ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">