• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I change the obligee?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

theartman

My ex-girlfriend is trying to move (about eight hours away) and has left our daughter with her soon to be ex-husband; whom she has a child as well. She has been back and forth leaving both kids with him. She picks up my child support checks and goes back to Alabama. Now...I don't believe that the money is going for the best interest of the child. Is there anyway I can get the checks available for the current caretaker?

N

newmom

Are you not at all interested in custody of your child?? I can't believe that the best interest of the child is with the mother's soon to be ex-husband. If her mother is unstable, she should be with YOU!! Do you not want her?

LegalBeagle

newmom has an excellant point. She may just be trying to keep you in the picture for many reasons.. 1, she does not want to fight two custody battles at the same time. 2, she wants your money to help her get custody of the other children.

If this was me, I would file an ex-parte motion and get the courts to grant me temporary physical custody until a full custody hearing takes place. But that depends on how much you want to be part of the childs life.. from all you have said, I can imagine how this is going to go, and how little of a relationship with the child you will probably end up being allowed by the mother.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">