• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need answers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fighting4mykid

What is the name of your state? idaho
first let me say i hope i am in the right forum if not i am sorry. I have been trying to terminate guardianship from my parents now for almost a year and in that time we have had an investgation done on my parents and there have been mediation with no agreement and had our msc (settelment hearing) in the investigator's report it was recommend that my daughter come stay with me a month in the summer and get reinterviewd by the invetigator, see a therpist and have the therpist write a report and that the trial start before the school year starts again. I thought that was fare and agreed with that, my parent said no and that if i don't agree to there terms that they will file for adoption and i will not have any contact with her ever again. Can they do that? Even though i am fighting to terminate the guardianship i do want my daughter. Also the state the case is in is in california.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

fighting4mykid said:
What is the name of your state? idaho
first let me say i hope i am in the right forum if not i am sorry. I have been trying to terminate guardianship from my parents now for almost a year and in that time we have had an investgation done on my parents and there have been mediation with no agreement and had our msc (settelment hearing) in the investigator's report it was recommend that my daughter come stay with me a month in the summer and get reintervied my the invetigator see a therpist and have the therpist write a report and that the trial start before the school year starts again. I thought that was fare and agreed with that, my parent said no and that if i don't agree to there terms that they will file for adoption and i will not have any contact with her ever again. Can they do that? Even though i am fighting to terminate the guardianship i do want my daughter. Also the state the case is in is in california.
**A: what is the real story here? Why did your daughter get taken away from you in the first place?

fighting4mykid

i was 17 when i had her and i could not care for her (money) my parents asked if they could care for her until i could and i agreed

HomeGuru

And do you have a job? How are you going to support the child? Has anyone moved for TPR? What dis the CPS tell you?

fighting4mykid

I am sorry but i do not know what TRP means? i am married now and both me and my husband own our own business's. I have sent them money every month for support. Let add some back ground, when i gave my parents guardianship i still had contact with my daughter. When i lived in california she spents weekends with us and all through the week i see her and talked on the phone. when my husband and i moved to idaho it was thought to be best for my daughter to bring her back into our home with ease like coming for summers and i would go see her for christmas or vis versa. When i told my parents it was time that i could take care of her now my parents got mad and said no i could not have her back and that they will fight me in court, which we have been doing for almost a year now. In the investigation report it was noted that they do not have jobs and that my father has a drinking problem there are dui and the grandma was talking bad about me to the investigator in front of the child that the home in need of major repairs and that there is an unusal clingeeness to the child (like grandma holding her and telling her how much she loves her and would die without her) that was in the report. It said there is a loyality to the grandparents and the child is torn between mom and grandparents. We have trial set next week and they are threating to file for adoption can they get her without my consent? I have not been found to be an unfit parent

HomeGuru

fighting4mykid said:
I am sorry but i do not know what TRP means?

**A: I did not say TRP. I said TPR which means temperature pressure relief valve on a water heater. Oh, this is the family law forum and not real estate and construction.
In that case TPR means termination of parental rights.

fighting4mykid

no they have not filed for tpr, that i know about that could be there next move. Can anyone tell me i have been fighting to get her back can they file for adoption and get her? Won't the judge look at the petition for adoption and then look at the petition from me about terminating the guardianship and wonder why are the grandparents wanting to adopt now? It's all in the same court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">