• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Financial risk for 2nd wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lifeline

Dedicated fatheris trying to get a deduction in child support payments due to a job status change:

1. Can the ex-wife subponea present wifes income? If so, can the court use her income to determine support payments?

2. What can be done to avoid this?

3. Would a divorce and resident change for the father make a difference?

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lifeline:
Dedicated fatheris trying to get a deduction in child support payments due to a job status change:

1. Can the ex-wife subponea present wifes income? If so, can the court use her income to determine support payments?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is the child sick ? Are you trying to reduce the payment due to a new child ?

If no to both, then there is no way a none bio parent income can be used.

Z

Zoobie

It depends on how good a lawyer you have and how good a lawyer the ex has.

My cousin's income WAS included as part of the support payment for her husbands ex's kids, in my case it was'nt, but I also told the judge that if he were to include my income, I was quitting my job.

LegalBeagle

There are special circumstances where a step parents income can be included. But they are rare and any reference to them can be contested and thrown out.

Read this post from IAAL, although it is pertaining to CA, the last paragragh is interesting and can be changed to your circumstances.
http://bbs.freeadvice.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML/003254.html

btw, generally, you can not lower your child support payments if you voluntarily took a lower paying job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">