• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What kind of lawyer??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chunkinbbs

I am in Texas....

I am looking to press charges against the makers of Zantrex-3 (A popular diet pill).... While taking Zantrex-3, on two occasions, I formed kidney stones. The first occasion, I found out, had many procedures done and could not afford to follow up further to find out the reason for them. On the second occasion, I went to the ER, saw a doctor, had many procedures done, and found out that the diet pills were causing Dehydration which in turn was forming the stones. The crazy thing is, I was drinking between one and two gallons of water a day....Not to mention I am 21 years old and shouldn't be forming kidney stones AND within a 8 month span is even more unlikely....Anyways, I want to know Do I have a case? What kind of lawyer do I need? And any way to find a suitable one?? Thanks in advance!

O

oberauerdorf

A VERY GOOD one. A VERY GOOD personal injury or civil litigation attorney.

C

chunkinbbs

Fees

what kind of fees should I expect, and what would be a reasonable amount to sue for?

O

oberauerdorf

Those are both questions for your attorney when you select one.

C

chunkinbbs

finding a lawyer

are there any sites which offer help for finding a lawyer? I have seen 1 or 2, but they aren't certified by the texas board of legal something or other... I want someone who is competent....please let me know....thanks again

HomeGuru

Re: finding a lawyer

chunkinbbs said:
are there any sites which offer help for finding a lawyer? I have seen 1 or 2, but they aren't certified by the texas board of legal something or other... I want someone who is competent....please let me know....thanks again
**A: www.attorneypages.com

stephenk

did the ER doctors tell you that the kidney stones were definitely caused by the diet pills? Is that diagnosis put in writing?

do you still have the paperwork that came with the pills? are kidney stones noted as a possible side effect?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">