• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Malicious procecution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

railrider

What is the name of your state?

Malicious prosecutions

Virginia- I need advice on how to stop someone from malicious prosecution. An ex files bogus and trumped up charges about every 3 weeks. He has files some 50 different charges, all without sufficient proof, has submitted false information and been caught in the act by the judge. It is a never-ending event and I do not know how to stop it. His false claims has cost me lost hours at work, travel expenses, and caused time away from my children. I have been told that anyone can file anything at anytime, but what about me? Don’t I have the right not to be harassed? Please tell me what to do to put a stop to this.

D

dadrummer

malicious prosecution

You answered your question with "malicious prosecution."

Sue his ass for, guess what? "Malicious prosecution."

Don't you think the judge is as tired of his crap as you are?? I'm surprised the judge(s) has let it go on for this long.

HomeGuru

railrider said:
What is the name of your state?

Malicious prosecutions

Virginia- I need advice on how to stop someone from malicious prosecution. An ex files bogus and trumped up charges about every 3 weeks. He has files some 50 different charges, all without sufficient proof, has submitted false information and been caught in the act by the judge. It is a never-ending event and I do not know how to stop it. His false claims has cost me lost hours at work, travel expenses, and caused time away from my children. I have been told that anyone can file anything at anytime, but what about me? Don’t I have the right not to be harassed? Please tell me what to do to put a stop to this.
**A: hire the meanest sob pitbull attorney and tell him that the idiot's ex is the T-bone steak.

Last edited:
E

esqmm

Malicious Prosecution; surety bonds

About 20 years ago I represented a homeowner with his house on the market. He was advised not to give or take binders without first discussing with my office. Needless to say, he got an offer that he thought was decent and wrote out a little handwritten receipt, including a provision for return of the $1,000 binder. It was not a contract, but the plaintiff alleged it had sufficient terms to make it one, and tried to make it a jury question, because a day later he returned the money, apologizing, as he got a better offer.

For the next 5 years his house was tied up in litigation. He lost his down payment on his new house, couldn't use the current house as collateral for a business loan, and all because this guy he returned the money too, filed a lis pendens with the lawsuit.

The reason I bring this example up is there's something you can ask for in the midst of a case that seems endless where the appeals and motions to reargue don't end, and the plaintiff keeps firing and hiring a new lawyer eveytime he loses.

That is a surety bond of a particular kind; in this case it came to that point the second time we were starting the appellate process, and the court ordered a $50,000.00 bond posted on terms that the plaintiff would be absolutely liable on the bond, should he lose the case.

Needless to say he did, and we had a hearing to prove damages, and got the bond. Makes it easy to collect, and also, perhaps you could work out a contingency fee arrangement if you hire an attorney to do this, rather than paying out of your pocket.

If you are in any type of situation that lends itself to this analogy, ask the court to make him post a surety bond if the litigation continues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">