• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost bracelet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scoobymagoo

What is the name of your state? Washington.

My 8th grade daughter loaned her charm bracelet to a friend at school to wear for one class period. The friend lost the bracelet during the class period that she had the bracelet. When my daughter met back up with the friend at the end of the class period, the friend stated that she had lost the bracelet. The bracelet was very valuable (about $500). What are my options? It has been over two months since the incident and the friend has shown no signs of concern regarding my daughters feelings about her lost bracelet. Do I call the police and let them investigate the matter or do I have to take her parents to court? Help please.

stephenk

call the police? Why? do you believe the friend stole the bracelet?

have you spoken with the parents of the girl? have you impressed upon your daughter not to loan out $500 bracelets?

take a shot at small claims court. the worst that happens is you lose.

HomeGuru

I would like to know what business an 8th grader has wearing a $500 piece of jewelry to school? And how in the world does a bracelet get lost?

JETX

"The bracelet was very valuable (about $500). What are my options?"
*** 'Options' as I see them:
- Write it off as a loss due to stupidity of the lender and the person allowing a child to wear $500 worth of jewelry to school and lending it to someone else.
- If you feel that the item was really 'stolen' and not lost or if you feel that the 'borrower' was negligent in the custody, you could consider filing a lawsuit against her or parents (if a minor). Chances are SLIM that this would work.

"It has been over two months since the incident and the friend has shown no signs of concern regarding my daughters feelings about her lost bracelet."
*** Your daughters 'feelings' are not relevant.... or compensible.

"Do I call the police and let them investigate the matter or do I have to take her parents to court?"
*** You can certainly call the police to investigate. They love a good laugh every once in a while.
Or you can see above.

BL

The friend lost the bracelet during the class period that she had the bracelet. [ quote ]

Lost during the class period ? Lost in someones pocket,but can you prove it ?

Was the teacher informed ?

gee i wish I had a $500.00 braclet ( mens of course ), when I was school age .

HomeGuru

Blonde Lebinese said:
The friend lost the bracelet during the class period that she had the bracelet. [ quote ]

Lost during the class period ? Lost in someones pocket,but can you prove it ?

**A: maybe the class period was PE and she was playing a game of flag football. Or maybe it was a chemistry class and the bracelet fell into a beaker over a full on bunson burner and melted. Or maybe it was a class in magic and POOF!, it was gone and a white rabbit appeared in place.

Was the teacher informed ?

gee i wish I had a $500.00 braclet ( mens of course ), when I was school age .

**A: nah. That was an unlucky charm bracelet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">