• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NBrammer

My ex-husband lives in TX and I live in OH. He was the custodial parent for our 3 teenagers, as we agreed they should stay in the school they went to for years. My oldest joined the Navy, and is well. My daughter is a senior now and doing alot with her friends. My youngest boy 16, wants to live with me, His dad finally agreed. He arrived last Saturday, we are all in agreement that this is a positive move for him. BUT...now I cant enroll him in school, nor discontinue his child support to his dad. I am told a modification to custody needs to be done, I cant afford to retain an attorney. My ex refuses to go to the court house....in the meantime, I have my son with me, supporting him, but I can enroll him in school nor get him on my insurance. What can I do? School starts in 2 weeks. My ex doesnt seem to concerned about this....as he is continuing to get the child support. HELP!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">