• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfit parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Stringer

My son-inlaw wants to get custody of my daughters and his three children. He is going to use the grounds of un clean house? Is that possible, she is not the best housekeeper, but her house is not a threat to the children buy a long shot. Is that a threat she should take seriously? She is a great mom, doesn't drink, do drugs, spank the children. They are healthy and always clean. We live in Iowa.

LegalBeagle

He would need a lot more than that to get a change in physical custody. He would also need proof of a house that is unfit for human to live in.

Tell your daughter to be careful though. It only takes one call to the Child Protection Agency or Social Services to have an agent knocking on her door to invesitage a complaint. If they did enter the house and see anything, then he has a report as proof. Since not enough to get custody, but when people threaten things like that, be careful.

Also, I suggest this to many people... the moment you get your first threat, do not ever engage in unrecorded conversations. Email, letter or voice recorded only. Get one of those $40 voice recorders and always have it recording when you talk. Threats are a serious issue and need to be documented the very first time it happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">