• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What rights if given a STD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I'll take a shot at this one...

I am not an attorney and have NO personal experience with STDs...but...

if the STD was truly GIVEN to you (as opposed to being LOANED) it is most likely yours to keep for the rest of your life. Feel free to keep the STD as you are under no obligation to return it or share it with anyone else.

n_and

mydogbuffy

If you are expecting an answer, you need to state the problem and your legal question. I will assume you are asking if you can press charges against the person who gave you this disease. To my knowledge, not in Georgia. I know in NY if you knowingly give someone HIV, it is punishable by manslaughter. Seeing as you are in GA, that statement was also completely irrelevant.

I would give you a 'next time, wear a rubber', but there is no next time for you. It's too bad you are stuck with this for the rest of your life, but lighten up - 1 in 5 people have had or do have an STD.
Good Luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">