• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

engagement ring

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

natgirl2002

CANADA.

MY EX FIANCEE WANTS THE ENGAGEMENT RIGN BACK, I SENT IT OUT AND IT DID NOT GET THERE, AND NOW HE WANTS TO SUE ME IN CANADA. HE IS IN NEW JERSEY RIGHT NOW. THE RING IS NOT WORHT MORE THAN ABOUT 1000 CANADIAN DOLLARS. I REFUSED TO MAIL HIM THE RING FOR A VERY ONG TIME, EVEN AGREED TO MEET HIM HALFWAY TO RETURN THE RING. WHEN WE PLANNED EVERYHTGN, I WENT HALFWAY AND THEN FOUND OUT HE WENT SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR HIS WEEKEND...DID NOT CARE ABOUT THE RING. NOW THAT I DID MAIL IT TO HIM, HE WANTS TO BLAME ME FOR THE LOSS OF IT. I AGREED TO MAIL HIM THE RING. THAT WAS IT.
HELP! CAN HE SUE ME HERE???
THANK YOU!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Two strikes - -

1. You're from Canada, and this site is for U.S. LAW ONLY.

2. You wrote your post in capital letters. Real bad form. But, it doesn't matter. See #1, above.

IAAL

N

natgirl2002

yikes, i do understand that the "form" was bad, didnt know this was all..formal. But anyway, i do understand this is U.S. Law, but i was just wondering. Thanks for the help anyway :)
:D

N

natgirl2002

PS: im not Canadian, I' m Colombian, im only living here.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

natgirl2002 said:
PS: im not Canadian, I' m Colombian, im only living here.

=========================================

My response:

How did you make it so far north? You must have had an extra pair of tennis shoes with you.

IAAL

O

oberauerdorf

SCREW the coffee...Did you bring ANYTHING ELSE ;) eith you?

P

publius

Hey oberauerdorf, the drug charges forum is four entries farther down the list. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">