• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bernard

I live in virginia and my ex-wife lives in louisiana. And I havent seen my kids w/in the last year and I call my kids(3)at least 3 or 4 times a week.They are 8,6,and 4 and she does not allow them to call or even write me. This has been a on going problem for me since we got divorce 3yrs ago. We have joint custody of the kids,but I chose to move to get a better education and she knew this.But she was also harassing me alot in louisiana.She also is always telling my kids that I do not want to see or speak to my kids.How do I know this? My oldest dght is always telling me this.And beside the point I was going to meet her in Atlanta to pick up the kids and she still said no,she wants me to pay for everything and still send her the full amount in support.I pay 705.00,but I only make 10.19hr and she makes 8.50 hr but I am trying to go for a reduction due to the fact that i have a 15 month dght.And me and the mother are working things out on my dght support, which is good communication bwt the 2 of us. But on the other hand I just want to have a relationship with my kids,before I left louisiana it was fine but I am not going to base my life around my ex-wife. When I have been paying support willing on my own and I am not behind so what can I do to try to gain custody of my kids.Knowing that my ex have a violent temper and I also have the police rpts to prove that she is,what kind of motion do i file for and what are my chances of me getting custody?

W

whitsix

the first things first she is contempt at least 3 times. if she is not allowing court ordered phone contact and visitation that is grounds to terminate her custody!! its called parental abduction. any refusal of contact will give you custody in court, in a heart beat! she must not bad mouth you to the children thats also contempt it should be in your divorce papers that each party shall not influence the children. second you should modify the support you can do all this on your own and the fees are only filling fees approx. $35.00 per case. one for the contempt of visitaion and contact and one for the modification. hopefully she won't show up for the hearing and you will be awarded what you ask! get on the band wagon so you can get your kids. her keeping them away is a top reason for the judge to take away her custody!!!!!

B

Beef

Listen Bud, don't get your hopes up. You have to have a judge willing to listen and be fair. Your not the mom, you live out of state, you have no legal rights a court or judge will up hold. Thats what you face. Non custodial males have an up hill road to even see thier kids. Get a good lawyer and hit her with everything you can as hard as you can. Insist on no continuences, or delays , or any stalling tactics by the other side. Do not be fair or compasionate. You are going to war and I mean war. if you truley want your kids have at it, other wise don't clog the system. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">