• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoptive father wants to end parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Carlotta

Hi, I am a 31 year old mother of three boys and I live in Missouri. My husband, we have been married for 3 years, adopted my son from my first marriage about 2 years ago, and this year we had twin boys. I am having problems in my marriage and I don't think it is going to last too long. My husband is always finding fault with my oldest son, and several times he has told me that our 7 year old is very hard to handle. My son is a very obedient, caring and well behaved child, our friends have heard him say that, and have told him that he is completely wrong. I am very sorry that I allowed him to adopt my son, and I think that he really never wanted to adopt him, he just did it so my my ex husband wouldn't have any contact with me or my son. He told me the other day that perhaps it would be better if he tries to undo the adoption. Our son would take this very hard, as he loves his dad a lot, but perhaps it would be better. If we get divorced and he still wants to terminate the adoption, what would happen? Also, what can I do so he would only have supervised visits with the twins. He has been hinting he wants to move to Seattle, and I don't think it is a good idea for the twins to be with him. My husband is very moody. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Carlotta (edited August 18, 2000).]

U

usdeeper

So, send your son away or else ??

Tell him to get lost. My wifes loves me a great deal, but if I ever gave her that choice, I would find my bags outside.

Unfortunately you can not just terminate his rights.. Chances are, that in a divorce you could ensure that all visitation is supervised. I doubt he would want visitation with the 8 year old anyway. But he would be liable for child support for all the children. Start documenting everything as you will need to justify why you want only supervised visitation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">