• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation denied as punishment to child.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

iAMthemama

I am in Oregon. My two older daughters live with their father, his wife, and their two kids. My ex has never had a problem with me seeing the girls, "whenever" and if I catch him on the phone things go quite smoothly! The problem is that she is the one given the power regarding visitation with my girls. I have moved a hundred plus miles to be closer to them, as my visitations were affected by the distance between us. According to our divorce decree visitation is reasonable... which I have been told is every other weekend, and every other holiday, and at least SOME time in the summer. They have two small children and are using the older two... 13 and 15, as day care providers, so my summer visit is nil... they (she) just cant find the time... Now... I am supposed to have them next weekend, but today my 13 yo told me she is not allowed to come because of her "bad attitude".

We have been nasty in the past, and I REALLY dont want to go there again, but I am tired of this. I gave custody to their father because I believed that my girls deserved to know him, and him them. Especially at this teenage period where they really need a fathers strength and love. As far as that goes, I still stand by my decision. But ... I need to know if they can withhold one of my kids in the name of punishment???? help!

LegalBeagle

No they can NOT do that. Also, your summer visit should not be nil just because they are being used as day care providers. They can get into trouble for this.

Your only option (after a letter insisting on the visitation) is to petition the court to get a proper schedule in place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">