• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

columbus2000

I left my wife of less than one year while we were living in Minnesota. I packed my clothes and a few possessions and moved to Hawaii. I left my car and house and many personal possesions behind because I had to leave the relationship.Now four months after I left we both agree we want a divorce. I recently received a summons as the first step in obtaining a divorce. If I sign the summons am I legally bound by signing a document which states that we own property and possessions and bills together that the court can find me liable for or is this just the first part of the divorce process and I will have my day in court to disagree with what my wife or wife's attorney may want from me?

LegalBeagle

Get an attorney in MN and let them help you. If you have property, possesion, bills etc and she has an attorney, the you NEED one too.. or risked being screwed in the unpleasant way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">