• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ksuemnicht

My exboyfriend has committed himself in a alcohol rehab center in WI. He has not had a job since April which he has not paid child support or had insurance on his children since then. Received a letter from the state of NJ stating he is behind on payments and he has a court hearing on Aug 22 in which they will determine if there will a warrant for his arrest. He never contacted anyone in the state of NJ about his condition. Now I do not know where he is. Will he go to jail? What are his rights? I believe he is not working yet. What happens when he begins to work? Will they garnish his wages? All his mail still comes to my address. He has not changed the address yet. Will I be brought in on all of this?

E

Edward

Are you asking because you care or because you want the money ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">