• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Writ of Revival

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tayla

Living and Paying taxes here in Pennsylvania :)

Did the leg work today and headed to the court house to research the court docket on a past judgement. See my original post titled " Auto Loan Re-aged".

Reviewed the docket files. Data dated: 4/26/96 Judge signed the ruling in favor of plaintiff. Indexed with Prothonatary 10/04/96. 5 docket filings were indexed under this case. Summons to appear, declaration of ruling, Judgement value with court fees, Transcript of case filed. Lien Investigation.

Summation of all entry documents( in reference to this docket #) with dates and 'filed by' status were requested. Reviewed and stamped by Prothonatary Office to confirm. last date of activity on this docket file: 10/04/96.

Pennsyl. Code allows five years from date of judgement to initiate writ of revival. Since the plaintiff did not initiate within the first five years, can they still?Since the judge signed his ruling in April of 1996 wouldnt that be the effective judgement date?

If anyone has a good law site that pertains to PA judgements & ruling cases I'd gladly check it out. Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

The creditor can use the PA code concerning Credence Clearwater Revival. However, if that law has been abolished, then the creditor is now out of luck.

IAAL

Tayla

IAAL! Hello! Leave it to you to have a humorous response. Since Elvis has left the building and CCR no longer tours, I shall cease my further research on this since A: the creditor lost the ammo ? Surely they will play a different tune is all...I don't think the music is over where this judgement is concerned...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">