• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Young mom needing advice?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

riahlynn2000

My daughter was born in Ohio, but she and I are currently living in Pennsylvania, I do not know how long our stay here will be. My daughters fathers name is not on her birth certificate. But she does have his last name. I have not forced child support due to the fact that he does not have a job. What rights does he or his family have to her? And what can or should I do? I am thinking about changing her last name but I also don't know how. I have had these questions for some time, any help is greatly appreciated!

LegalBeagle

The first thing you need to do is file for a proper court ordered custody agreement. There is always a possibility of dispute and problems without this. As regards to the rest, if he is not on the b/c then he has virtually no rights until he goes to court and first, proves he is the father and second, petitions the court to give him visitation or something...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">