• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

missing my baby girl

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

junebug

MY EX-BOYFRIEND GOT CUSTODY OF OUR DAUGHTER
LAST YEAR. I DIDN'T SHOW UP FOR COURT BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE AND WHAT TIME. HE REFUSED TO TELL ME SO HE COULD WIN AND HE DID
NOW, I AM SUPOSED TO HAVE SUPERVISED VISITS?
AND NO OVERNIGHTS. I DON'T UNDERSTAND.
I WAS ALWAYS THERE FOR HER AND MY OLDEST DAUGHTER FROM A PREVIOUS MARRAGE. I CALL
EVERY WED AND FRI TO SET UP A TIME TO SEE HER
AND HE GIVES ME THE RUN AROUND. HE'LL TELL
ME THAT HE HAS TO WORK OR DO SOMETHING. ITS BEEN SINCE JULY 9th THAT I HAVE SEEN MY BABY GIRL. AND I MISS HER SO MUCH. I HAVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING TO HER OR TO HIM.
HE TELLS ME THAT ITS IN HER BEST INTEREST
THAT SHE DOESN'T SEE ME. SHE IS GOING TO BE
THREE IN JANUARY AND YOU TELL ME THAT ITS
IN HER BEST INTEREST NOT TO SEE HER MOTHER?
ALSO, HE GOT CUSODY OF HER SO SHE COULD LIVE
WITH HIM(SO HE TOLD THE COURTS) BIT IN REALITY, SHE IS LIVEING WITH HIS MOTHER,FATHER,SISTER (30?), HER TWO TEENAGE BOYS,HIS (6 YR OLD )SON, HIS OTHER SISTER, HER HUSBAND AND THERE THREE KIDS. AND HE DOESN'T LIVE THERE. I CALL EVERY WEEK, WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING WE DISCUSS ON THE PHONE EVEN IF I DON'T TALK TO HIM WHEN I CALL. PLEASE, I MISS MY BABY, AND I DON'T WANT HER TO THINK THAT I DON'T CARE ABOUT HER, BECAUSE I DO, MY BUBU MISSES HER BIG SISSY.:STRESSED:(

LegalBeagle

Sorry for stating the obvious, but you need an attorney. You should have been served notice of the court date and details. In fact, he would have had to provide proof that he served you with the petition.

Document everything.. if you are able to afford an attorney then you will still have a chance at getting custody considering the details you have given.

J

junebug

thank for your reply, i have been documenting everything. he did serve me with papers but they did not say anything about time,where, and when i was supposed to go just said in thirty days. he knew everything he could posible do to keep me from appearing in court. even telling me that we would meet w/his lawyer and a medator to discuss my options, and that i would see my bubu anytime i wanted but he played me for a fool and took advantage of me because i was unaware of the
system and he knew all to well because he faught his ex-wife for custodyof his son as well.:< in your opinion! do you think i have
a chance of getting her back or maybe just
joint custody. she needs to be with me and not someone who is going to turn her away from me.:agree?

LegalBeagle

At the very LEAST, you have a right to full unsupervised overnight visitation.

If you were served, you must have to time and name of the court. Also, who served you ? If the serving was wrong then you have ground to appeal.

Also, if he is not actually looking after the children this will strenthen your case.. but, you need an attorney.

J

junebug

thats what i thought, no the time was not on there it just said in 30 days and someone who works for his attorney was waiting for me at my work place and gave it me when i got off. i've never met the lady before. he will say anything to get it done his way and no matter who it hurts. to be blantly honest i think he is racist. my oldest daughter is half mexican and my boyfriend of over a year is half indian(light skinned) which he is knowed to be called a black man. and he doesn't want "his " daughter around him.
my man is very gently and my oldest daughter
just loves him and he would never hurt any of my kids so i dont know what my ex 's prob is but i'm getting tired of all the @#$%$%&*@@
excuses:'

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">