• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tkina1

What is the name of your state? new mexico

recently, I was laid off of my job with a non-profit organization due to lack of funds. I have a formal, original letter stating so from the president of the college where I was employed. This is a difficult issue to explain. regardless, my direct supervisor had a conversation with her subordinates in which she stated that I was laid off because I had asked the president some pointed questions. This conversation took place in a public area of the college library outside any private office. I have been unemployed approximately six weeks and have not had any call backs on employment inquiries. I feel defamed. Do I have a case? Who is liable? Are the boards of directors for the non-profit and/or the college liable? Is the president liable? How about the vice-president who was also involved? (he gave me the letter and conducted the exit interview) I worked very hard in this position and I am upset that I am being made out to be the heavy in this situation. I feel that my privacy has been violated. Anything along this nature should be in my private personell files. Both the non-profit and the college have liability insurance. I need advice please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">