• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't want it revoked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

felissaamerican

What is the name of your state? NY

I recently received my third speeding ticket in under a year. According to New York state, three speeding convictions in under 18 months constitutes my license being revoked. I pled guilty to the first two. This third one goes to court on the 4th of May. My concern is what should I do? Should I go on the 4th and speak to the D.A. to see if it can be reduced to less than a speeding violation and if not, then seek to postpone my sentencing and seek a lawyer or should I just obtain a lawyer upfront for the initial court date? (The ticket was written for a 49 in a 30.)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

felissaamerican said:

I recently received my third speeding ticket in under a year. According to New York state, three speeding convictions in under 18 months constitutes my license being revoked. I pled guilty to the first two. This third one goes to court on the 4th of May. My concern is what should I do? Should I go on the 4th and speak to the D.A. to see if it can be reduced to less than a speeding violation and if not, then seek to postpone my sentencing and seek a lawyer or should I just obtain a lawyer upfront for the initial court date? (The ticket was written for a 49 in a 30.)

My response:

Do whatever, and pay whatever, you need to do. I see no reason to assist you - - an obvious danger to society. Perhaps a revocation, and a bus pass, is what is needed to save the life of a child crossing the street.

IAAL

F

felissaamerican

I see no need for your attitude to a serious problem I am facing. Unless you're a horrible parent and your child was in the middle of a highway or out in the road at 2am, then you need not be concerned. I don't appreciate your demeanor when I came here seeking an honest chance at some advice. And please lie to me and tell me that you never speed because that will just top off your crap response. Do everyone a favor and follow your mother's advice: "If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all."

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Re: I don't want it revoked

My response:

Perhaps a revocation, and a bus pass, is what is needed to save the life of a child crossing the street.

IAAL

F

felissaamerican

Perhaps you reading would save me some time. Read my statements before you respond. Tell me how pathetic your life is that you spend your time trying to ruin the lives of others through a website designed for people to seek advice. Obviously you never understood.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Lady, I'm not the one ruining your life. You're doing a good job of that all by yourself. You're the one who, apparently, can't obey the law.

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:

Shay-Pari'e

felissaamerican said:

What is it you would like the courts to do for you?, Would you like a special law, just for you? Would you like icecream served with that?

IAAL, may be a little harsh, but I doubt you will get an answer you are looking for from anyone.

Why didn't you just learn your lesson the first time?, or better yet, the second time?

And might I add just a personal obvervation, a 30 mile an hour zone is residential zone, or on the city streets, so 49 mph, is extremely fast, and you are a danger.

Agree with IAAL all the way on this.

Last edited:
F

felissaamerican

I'm sorry, was I wrong in believing this website was for seeking advice? I'm not asking for special service or the world, I'm asking for some advice from those who may have experienced the same circumstances. To clarify, I was leaving the 30mph zone and was about a mile from the 55 zone. I only increased my speed too soon. I'm not saying I didn't do wrong, but I am saying that I would like keep my license because I have no other options. I live 11 miles from my job and my doctor and any other place I may need to be. We have no public transportation available here. I am only seeking for some idea as to what some others who have been in these circumstances have done.

I am not asking for people to treat me kindly but I'm certainly not asking for people to be such rude, inconsiderate human beings. Have a freaking heart and forgive. You will never enjoy your life as long as you hold a bitter heart toward all.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

felissaamerican said:
I'm sorry, was I wrong in believing this website was for seeking advice? I'm not asking for special service or the world, I'm asking for some advice from those who may have experienced the same circumstances. To clarify, I was leaving the 30mph zone and was about a mile from the 55 zone. I only increased my speed too soon. I'm not saying I didn't do wrong, but I am saying that I would like keep my license because I have no other options. I live 11 miles from my job and my doctor and any other place I may need to be. We have no public transportation available here. I am only seeking for some idea as to what some others who have been in these circumstances have done.

I am not asking for people to treat me kindly but I'm certainly not asking for people to be such rude, inconsiderate human beings. Have a freaking heart and forgive. You will never enjoy your life as long as you hold a bitter heart toward all.

My response:

Oh, boo-hoo, boo-hoo. Then you should have thought about all of this BEFORE you violated the law for the THIRD TIME!

Listen lady, don't piss on my shoe and tell me it's raining.

I have always, and will always, enjoy my life - - especially when I know jerks like you are taken off of our highways. We don't need you on the roads.

Boo-hoo, boo-hoo. "But you don't understand me!" Bullcrap.

IAAL

Shay-Pari'e

felissaamerican said:

You are just not getting it. This is your third in under a year, that is a pattern.

Straight Advice is what your looking for? Fine.......Get a Bus Pass, because you will deal with traffic court, not me. Not only that, you are a high risk driver now, and your insurance premium will reflect that for years. Your only screwing yourself, the judge will not care what your excuse is after looking at your driving record so there is no point trying to convince the internet of anything.

That is "FREE ADVICE"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">