• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving children out of state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Destiny

This is actually a 3 part question. First, my divorce will be final in December. He is telling me that I am not entitled to any of his 401K or stocks that he aquired while we were married because we were not married 10 yrs. Is that true?? Also I have an opportunity to move me and my 2 kids out of state. He says hes ok with it as long as we work out a decent visitation schedule. What is the next step I need to take?? Also what if he changes his mind, what are the chances I would still be able to move?? Thanks for your help.

U

usdeeper

You would be entilted to something. If you have an attorney then let them sort it out... if not, you could lose a lot.

Get his permission to move in writting..

If she changes his mind you could still move providing you could show a judge that you are willing to work out proper visitation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">