• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mediation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kw0602

My husabnd and his ex can not get along at all. They have 2 small children. If my husabnd asks for a mediator will he have to pay for it.
Also in his divorce there is nothing said about phone calls to the children or from the children. She will not tell him where she lives, so he can not call to talk to the children what can be done?

Also in the divorce decree there was no mention about college education expenses, can he be brought back to court and asked to help pay for that later?

One more thing, when the children come over to visit, for a weekend, week, or month, mom sneds them with the clothes they have on. In turn she makes him buy clothes, can something be done about that. He has asked her to send clothes or even sned them in clothes that he bought for them but she will not do it.

MySonsMom

I'm not sure about your first questions but for the clothes situation...This is just a suggestion. Normally, the non custodial parent should have the items for the child at the home for when they visit. I suggest to avoid further conflicts, get some clothes for the kids to wear when they visit. Whatever clothes the Mom sends them to your house in, send them back to Moms in those clothes so that you will not lose any of "your" clothes. This seems to work best, and eliminates at least one problem when it comes to separated parents. Good luck!

------------------
~MySonsMom~

LegalBeagle

Get an attorney and go to court. She HAS to inform him of the physical address and phone number of the child UNLESS he has documented case of abusing her or the kids.

K

kw0602

What about mediation? Will he have to pay if asks for it. We have gone back to court about the address and she says that she lives with her mom. Unless he can PROVE that she does not there is nothing the courts will do.

K

kw0602

My husband does have a ohone number for the mother, but the children are rarely there. The mom wants dad to have as little contact with the children as possible.
I am sure that he would be willing to pay 50/50, but she is never willing to give up cash for her kids. She told me that it is his responsibility to make sure they have what they need.
If we all wanted mediation, would we have to go back to court to get it ordered or could we just ask his lawyer to ask her lawyer, although I am sure that she would say NO!

U

usdeeper

If she does not want mediation then no one can really force her to do it.. and if you go to court you might as well sort it out there.

If she is trying to reduce contact with the children then you can file a complaint against her..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">